Sammy Hagar Says He Would Sing with Van Halen Again Under the Right Circumstances

    Frontiers Records/UniversalSammy Hagar acrimoniously parted ways with Van Halen about a decade ago, but the Red Rocker says that under the right circumstances he would be willing to reunite with his old band mates.

    "I would play with anybody that loves me and that I love.  That would include Van Halen, but the love's not there right now," Hagar tells Rolling Stone.  "I do love those guys, [although we] really bumped heads on the last tour."

    Hagar says Van Halen's 2004 reunion tour "was just a mess and I would never go into a mess like that again."  He adds that the trek "was just about the most dysfunctional thing I've ever done in my adult life, times 10," while suggesting that the bulk of the blame rested on guitarist Eddie Van Halen shoulders.

    That being said, Sammy says that a Van Halen tour featuring both him and David Lee Roth trading off on vocals "would be the coolest thing for the fans ever." He adds that he "would do it for the fans" but that [e]verybody would have to be cool and have their hearts in it."  Not surprisingly, Hagar says, "I just doubt it'll ever happen."

    First and foremost, Sammy says he'd like to see his friend and the band's original bass player, Michael Anthony, rejoin the group.

    "I would like to just see Mike back in the band with Dave," Hagar maintains.  "If that works, all right, I'll come in next."

    He also tells Rolling Stone that he misses drummer Alex Van Halen, who says he hasn't spoken with since the end of the 2004 tour.

    "He's the most fun, that guy," Sammy declares.  "There was something about Al and I, we had a real special relationship, even more than Ed and I."

    Asked whether it bothers him that rock fans know him more for his tenure as Van Halen's frontman than for anything else he's done in his long career, Hagar says, "No. Man, if you put that whole Van Hagar catalog together and listen to the body of work it's incredible…I'm honored to be a part of that.  I'm sorry about the bad blood, but I'm totally honored. That's the peak of my freakin' musical career, no doubt about it."


    Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

    Bob Seger Loves Halloween but Not Dressing Up

    Clay Patrick McBrideIt's no secret that Bob Seger likes that old time rock 'n' roll, but did you know that he's also a big fan of Halloween?  The Rock and Roll Hall of Famer tells ABC News Radio that he and his family enjoy getting together to celebrate the holiday with all the little trick-or-treaters who come to their house for candy.

    "My wife loves Halloween, and her mother comes over and her sister and [her] kid and our kids, and we just sit at the front door and watch all the great kid costumes and the parents from the neighborhood," says the Michigan rocker.  "It's a fun time."

    While Seger enjoys seeing other people dress up for Halloween, he admits that he doesn't like wearing costumes himself.

    I'm the only one [in my family]," he points out.  "I reserve the right, being the paterfamilias or whatever you want to call it."

    Seger adds that if there's a situation where he feels he has to wear a costume, such as a Halloween party, he generally won't put a lot of effort or creativity into his outfit.

    "I'll dress up in something I'll really feel good in, like my motorcycle stuff," he explains, laughing.  "I'll say, 'I'm a motorcycle guy.'  That's what I go as.  [I have] no imagination in that regard."

    Bob's new studio album, Ride Out, was released on October 14, and last week debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 and #1 on Billboard's Rock Albums chart.  This week, the record dropped, respectively, to #14 and #2 on the tallies.


    Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

    Marvin Gaye's Family Wins First Round in Copyright-Infringement Battle over Robin Thicke's "Blurred Lines"

    Image Courtesy of MotownA judge in California is allowing a lawsuit initiated by the late Marvin Gaye's family to move forward that alleges pop/R&B stars Pharrell Williams and Robin Thicke stole parts of a classic Gaye song to write their smash "Blurred Lines."

    U.S. District Court Judge John Kronstadt on Thursday denied a motion seeking to have the claim of copyright infringement thrown out before trial. That motion had been brought by "Blurred Lines" writers Pharrell, Thicke and rapper T.I. last July, in response to a string of suits between themselves and their publishers on one hand and the Gaye family and Gaye's publishers on the other.

    In Thursday's ruling, the judge found that the Gaye family's musicological experts had showed enough possible similarity between "Blurred Lines" and copyright-protected elements of the Motown legend's 1977 hit "Got to Give It Up" that a trial is needed to decide the merits of the case.  The judge also allowed a second claim to proceed, over alleged similarities between Thicke's 2011 track "Love After War" and Gaye's 1976 song "After the Dance."

    The cases, however, will not take into consideration any similarities between things like the percussion tracks or background vocals in the various songs.  In a partial victory for Thicke and Pharrell, Judge Kronstadt found that only material found on the sheet music registered with the U.S. Copyright Office -- not other elements of the recordings themselves -- will be relevant at trial.

    A trial is currently scheduled for February 10, 2015, according to The Hollywood Reporter.


    Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

    Gregg Allman Dismissed from Civil Lawsuit Tied to Midnight Rider Biopic Accident

    PMK-BNCGregg Allman and his manager, Michael Lehman, have been dropped from a civil lawsuit initiated by the family of Sarah Jones, the camera assistant who was killed by a train during the filming of the Allman biopic Midnight Rider this past February. 

    Deadline reports that an attorney for Jones' parents announced Thursday that they were dismissing claims against Allman and Lehman, who were serving as co-producers of the movie, as well as against the Open Road Films distribution company.

    "After reviewing the many thousands of pages of documents, and other information we have obtained through the legal discovery process, it is clear that Mr. Allman and Mr. Lehman had no involvement in any of the decisions that resulted in Sarah's death," said Jones family attorney Jeff Davis in a statement.  "Our investigation has also shown that, in this case, Open Road Films was not directly involved in the poor decisions that led to this horrific event and the tragic loss of Sarah's life."

    Sarah's father, Richard Jones, added, "During a very difficult and trying time for our family, Gregg Allman and Michael Lehman demonstrated their genuine sorrow over the loss of our daughter and their willingness to work with us in the future to ensure safe film sets for all.  For that, we are grateful."

    News of the dismissals follows a hearing at a Georgia court this past Tuesday during which lawyers for Open Road Films told the presiding judge that the company was close to reaching an agreement with the Jones family.  The hearing is scheduled to continue on November 13.

    Meanwhile, Deadline also revealed on Thursday the results of a federal investigation into the fatal accident, which occurred when a train unexpectedly crossed a trestle bridge near Jesup, Georgia, where the filmmakers were attempting to shoot a scene.  The report cites the production with a variety of health and safety violations.

    As previously reported, Midnight Rider's husband-and-wife director-producer team of Randall Miller and Jody Savin, executive producer Jay Sedrish and assistant director Hillary Schwartz all are facing involuntary manslaughter and criminal trespass charges in connection to the incident.  Their trial is scheduled to begin on March 9, 2015.


    Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

    Bob Seger Announces New North American Concerts, Reveals Venues for Second-Leg Tour Dates

    ABC/Randy HolmesBob Seger has scheduled several new concerts as part of the second leg of his recently-announced North American tour with his Silver Bullet Band in support of his latest album, Ride Out.  Among the newly-added shows are performances on January 27 in Charleston, West Virginia; February 3 in Ft. Meyers, Florida; February 10 in Lafayette, Louisiana; and February 17 in Wichita, Kansas.

    In addition, the venues for all of the concerts taking place during the trek's second leg have been revealed, except for Seger's final scheduled show on February 27 in Los Angeles.  As previously reported, the first leg of the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer's tour gets under way on November 19 in Saginaw, Michigan, and runs through a December 19 concert in New York City.  The second leg begins January 20 in Toledo, Ohio.

    The J. Geils Band will be the opening act on select dates of the trek.  Tickets are on sale now for all shows through January 29.  Check out BobSeger.com to find out when tickets the Michigan rocker's other concerts will be available for purchase.

    Here's a complete list of confirmed dates for Seger and the Silver Bullet Band's North American tour:

    11/19 -- Saginaw, MI, The Dow Event Center
    11/22 -- Bangor, ME, Cross Insurance Center
    11/24 -- Halifax, NS, Canada, Scotiabank Centre
    11/26 -- Saint John, NB, Canada, Saint John Harbour Station
    11/29 -- Boston, MA, TD Garden
    12/2 -- Albany, NY, Times Union Center
    12/4 -- Cleveland, OH, Quicken Loans Arena
    12/6 -- Uncasville, CT, Mohegan Sun Arena
    12/9 -- Grand Rapids, MI, Van Andel Arena
    12/11 -- Chicago, IL, United Center
    12/13 -- St. Louis, MO, Scottrade Center
    12/17 -- Buffalo, NY, First Niagara Center
    12/19 -- New York, NY, Madison Square Garden
    1/20 -- Toledo, OH, Huntington Center
    1/22 -- Pittsburgh, PA, CONSOL Energy Center
    1/24 -- Toronto, ON, Canada, Air Canada Centre
    1/27 -- Charleston, WV, Charleston Civic Center
    1/29 -- Columbus, OH, Nationwide Arena
    1/31 -- Atlanta, GA, The Arena at Gwinnett Center
    2/3 -- Ft. Meyers, FL, Germain Arena
    2/5 -- Tampa, FL, Amalie Arena
    2/7 -- Ft. Lauderdale, FL, BB&T Center
    2/10 -- Lafayette, LA, Cajundome
    2/12 -- Dallas, TX, American Airlines Center
    2/14 -- Houston, TX, Toyota Center
    2/17 -- Wichita, KS, INTRUST Bank Arena
    2/19 -- Phoenix, AZ, Gila River Arena
    2/27 -- Los Angeles, CA, TBD


    Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio

PHOTO GALLERIES

  • All Time Views

    more

    • Taste Of Home Cooking School 2012

  • Recently Updated

    more

    • Taste Of Home Cooking School 2012

Copyright © KSAJ-AM All Rights Reserved.